|Date Posted||December 8, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
IT / Information Technology
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management. As one of the recipients of these awards, Lira Regional Referral Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions to be submitted to the address below not later than 5:00pm, 23 December 2021. Note that Health Workers recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Government Jobs should not apply. Salaries will be based on Government of Uganda scales.
Post: Data Officer 2 posts
Reports to: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer/Biostatistician
• Must possesses a bachelor’s degree in either demography, biostatistics, statistics or the equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
• Must have at least three years relevant work experience
• Experience working on HIV or other infectious disease programs is highly desired.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in health programs to provide support and guidance to project staff on data collection, analysis and use issues.
• Experience with qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methods, including tracking outcome indicators.
• Demonstrated ability to obtain, analyze, organize, and interpret relevant data and use them to design or critique HIV interventions.
• building capacity of teams and stakeholders to analyze and interpret relevant data to improve program implementation
• Serve as primary contact between the project M&E lead and the district level data managers and M&E personnel.
• Provide technical assistance including mentorship to the district data managers and clerks.
• Support systems to measure, compile, analyze and report activity data at all levels
• Support the M&E and HIV Program Managers to prepare and submit regular activity and special reports.
• Analyze program data and support technical staff to use results. Should in addition, provide recommendations for program improvement.
• Assist in designing interventions that build staff capacity to buttress data collection, analysis, and use.
• Perform other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to;
Lira regional Referral Hospital
P.O. BOX 2, Lira
Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org File size must not exceed 2MB