|Location||Bududa, Bulambuli, Butebo, Kubuku, Manafwa, Palisa, Mbale, Tororo, Sironko, Kotido, Budaka, Kapchorwa & Butaleja., Uganda|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2019|
Health Care / Medical
The data Assistant reports to the designated facility in charge and IntraHealth-RHITES-E Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Summary of Role
The data Assistant performs under the leadership of the health unit in-charge. Working as part of the facility team, s/he will assist, implementation of strong data quality maintenance systems of the health unit. The Data Assistant will promote quality data standards at all points of service delivery by ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, valid data to inform on quality improvement and reporting. S/he will work closely with the health information Assistant and respective unit-in chargers to compile weekly, monthly and quarterly facility HMIS and PEPFAR reports. Perform data entry to Uganda EMR, DHIS2, and RHITES-E Information Management system. Analyze and present performance data for key program indicators to inform decision making at facility level and participate in data cleaning and DQA activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the different units in –charges to ensure completeness of the data on the patient files, and the registers (ANC, Maternity, Postnatal, Exposed Infant Register, HTS register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition registers, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child/Immunization Register, prevention registers, APN registers, Missed appointment registers).
- Work with different health unit’s departments in ensuring timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers into weekly, monthly, and quarterly HMIS/PEPFAR reports or any other required report and are verified before submission to the DHO, RHITES-E and MoH. The data/reports pertain to: HIV Care & Treatment program, PMTCT including EID, TB including MDR-TB, TB/HIV, HIV Counselling and Testing, VMMC, Nutrition, WASH, Gender and social inclusion, Malaria, MNCH, Family Planning, and Laboratory.
- Receiving and dealing with enquiries and requests relating to data needs
- Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data before it is entered into the National and project Information systems.
- Carry out data entry in a timely and accurate manner into Uganda EMR and the project information system; and assists in the compilation of statistical information for reports. While Updating, maintaining and retrieving data held on computerized HIV/AIDS/Family health reporting systems.
- Work with information by transferring it from paper-based records (registers) into summary tally sheets or computerized reporting format.
- Managing the electronic data systems which include and not limited to Uganda EMR, ensuring systems are updated with the most current data.
- Maintain hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the national/research protocols, ensuring that completed records/reports/documents are regularly stored/back up in an appropriate location.
- Maintain the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enters verified data.
- Participate in the facility quality improvement activities which may include collecting/summarizing data and analyzing to inform progress of quality improvement interventions.
- Analyze the monthly summary statistics for key program indicators and compile reports for distribution to inform QI teams at health facility level.
- Participate in Data cleaning and assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides.
- Support implementation of the above duties in two addition Light ART sites as will be assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum qualification of a diploma in Statistics, Records Management from a reputable institute
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Information Technology or a post graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- A high level of computer literacy is required, especially, but not limited to Ms-Word, Excel, MS Access, Internet & web technology, as the incumbent will be involved in data entry into database systems
- Training in information technology, database and records management is an added advantage
- Good numeracy skills. Attention to detail and enjoy alphanumeric data entry.
- Practical experience in working with government of Uganda health information systems (like Opens MRS/Uganda EMR, DHIS2, and mTrack) at health facility and district
- Experience in handling, collecting, coding, and managing numerical data
- At least 2 years of progressive professional experience working in data management
- Hands-on knowledge and skills in data entry preferably in an HIV/AIDS, Family Health or a research-oriented organization
- Good verbal communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to work and travel in rural settings of Eastern and North-Eastern Uganda
- Excellent data analysis skills (competency in the use of Statistical applications such as SPSS, STATA, or Epi-Info is an added advantage)
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Diploma or better in Statistics or related field.
1-2 years: Experience working in data management