|Date Posted||March 21, 2022|
IT / Information Technology
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Data Analyst in our Financial Domain (CFO).
Reporting To: Head of Data Analytics
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to Head of Data Analytics, the role holder will be responsible for designing and developing of analytical dashboards and reports as well as advanced analytical models using latest technologies, statistical and machine learning techniques to support business strategy.
• Design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of data analytics platforms that include data analytics pipelines, data warehouse/ data lake and data consumption tools for building dashboards, reports, and models.
• Build automated dashboards and reports to monitor and track business metrics to improve efficiency and encourage self-service.
Design, build, integrate, and sustain advanced analytical models using statistical and machine learning techniques that include supervised and unsupervised techniques.
• Proactively identify data issues and anomalies and raise these to the data governance and data quality teams for remediation to ensure accuracy of insights, reports, analyses, and models.
• Pay attention to all the bank’s system development and acquisition projects to provide guidance on the most efficient data structures to be adopted and/or acquired.
• Ensure adherence to the data governance framework, policies, and procedures.
Keep up to date with the latest technical developments within analytics and making sure that changes to the industry best practice are adopted.
• Ensure that insights, analytics, and models adhere to the defined and agreed service level agreements (SLAs).
• Coach and develop colleagues to ensure that they are well equipped to mine value from analytics and to support business strategy.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Informatics, or related field.
• 3 years’ experience in a similar field.
• Proficiency with analytical tools like R/Python and familiarity with SQL. Knowledge of other programming languages is an added advantage.
• Proficiency with data visualisation tools preferably Power BI.
Solid Knowledge of Machine leaning and Statistical modelling techniques.
• Must be able to develop creative solutions to problems.
• Great communication skills – in person, in writing, in code; to technical and non-technical audiences.
• A critical thinker with attention to detail.
• Must be able to handle pressure and work under minimum supervision.
• High organizational and negotiation skills.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.