|Date Posted||June 30, 2022|
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Credit Approval, the role holder will evaluate and approve corporate applications within delegated approval authority, as well as recommend for approval to a higher sanctioning authority for deals that are outside their discretion.
To ensure profitable and well-structured proposals for large corporates are booked to achieve the targeted business growth but minimize credit losses by lending within bank risk appetite and regulatory guidelines.
• Review and sanction all proposals (new & existing) within personal discretion in adherence with dfcu’ s internal credit policies, Risk Management Control Document and other required regulations including BOU, FIA, and funders.
• Assessment and recommendation of files outside their discretion to the higher sanctioning authority including the Senior Manager Credit Approval, Head Credit Approval and Special Assets Management, Internal Credit Committee, and the Board Risk Credit Committee in a bid to achieve bank’s disbursement targets of quality deals.
• Analyse current credit data, financial statements of corporate/ large individual & Business Banking borrowers to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit; and also determine expected profitability of loans, as well as preparing reports justifying the decision made.
• Organise the maintenance and updating of bank credit policies and procedures bi-annually in accordance with bank/ industry trends, evolving regulations, and legal requirements. As well as its implementation to ensure compliance.
• Provide support in structuring proposals to minimise risk and ensure full repayment. Timely response on sanctioning of deals and excesses within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA).
• Train and coach the Business Analysts as well as Relationship Managers in credit assessment/ analysis, deal structure, policies, and procedures. Conduct road shows on credit underwriting criteria for staff in the Credit value chain to uphold quality of deals booked.
• Responsibility for personal adherence to governance, compliance and lending portfolio controls thus ensuring own conformance to policy and procedures within the Credit Function, including proactive management of agreed responsibilities for Data Integrity.
• Review and adherence to service level agreement between sales and credit annually in order to maintain service delivery in line with/ ahead of competition.
• Monitor the overall quality of the Corporate/Business Banking portfolio, through participation in governance meetings.
Qualifications, experience and competencies required:
• Bachelor’s Degree with bias in any of the following areas: Finance, Banking, Economics, Business Administration and a Master’s degree or similar qualification in these fields.
• Additional training/professional qualification in Business, Investment and Project appraisal, Risk management, financial analysis, and Credit certification.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a business or banking/financial services environment with at least 3 in Credit risk management /sanctioning.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills (both oral and written) to allow for effective teamwork and interaction with all levels of staff.
• Computer knowledge (Microsoft desktop products).
• Basic legal skills.
• Managerial and team building skills.
• Ability to work without supervision, driven enough to achieve set targets.
• Understating of SMEs and Corporates and the general business environment.
• Thorough understanding of dfcu credit policy, FIA, and BOU guidelines on asset quality.
• Knowledge and understanding of dfcu products offering.
• Awareness current economic/market trends.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com