|Date Posted||September 8, 2019|
The Cotton On Foundation is passionately driven by our team to create sustainable change in the environment and lives of those in need. The Cotton On Foundation has been working in Uganda since 2008, beginning with assistance to the village of Mannya. Work has expanded to Busibo and Namabaale villages, with potential that the Foundation will continue to work with additional villages in the future.
The Cotton On Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Cotton On Group and our mission is to develop
20,000 educational places by 2020. Through a unique partnership with customers and team members, the Cotton On Foundation is focused on empowering youth globally through the delivery of quality educational projects in Uganda, South Africa, Thailand and Australia. Together, we believe we can help reduce poverty and improve the lives of those in need. We partner with communities to provide long-term opportunities across education, health, sustainability and infrastructure. Our products can be found in over 1,500 Cotton On Group stores globally with 100% of the proceeds contributing to empowering youth through quality education. That’s the 100% difference.
Student Wellbeing Coordinator
It is our obligation and dedicated commitment to create the best possible learning environment for every COF student. The SWC will grasp this challenging, and massively rewarding opportunity, to ensure that all conditions relating to student behaviours, learning, relationships and aspirations are given absolute premium attention. Student/Teacher interactions must be at the heart of this powerful initiative.
Students must be increasingly empowered; allowing COF schools to be true groundbreakers in progressive and enriching education in Uganda.
Reporting to the Student Wellbeing Manager, the SWC will fulfill an agreed obligation to school visitations; presenting equal opportunity to all COFU schools.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in Education & Social Work
- At least two years’ experience working in a teaching or NGO environment.
- Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Software specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge of child protection laws in Uganda and international standards.
- Police Clearance (No criminal record or child abuse allegations).
- Proven experience of:
- Relationship building in an Educational Environment
- Students mentorship programs
- Detailed and accurate reporting of performance and achievement
- Designing and implementing programs and schedules
- Strong organization and time management
- Diverse knowledge in education programming
- Excellent written English and computer skills
- Dealings with high profile personnel
OTHER SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ATTRIBUTES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Excellent knowledge of community development programming in the rural areas of Uganda
- Good interpersonal skills, high level of integrity and good moral conduct
- Good conceptual and analytical skills
- Self-directed and capable of working with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within tight deadlines for proposal development / reporting
- Strong commitment to Cotton On Foundation’s cause and values
- An open personality and acceptance of all races, creeds and cultures
- Licensed, and willing, to travel by motor bike