|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
Main purpose of the position:
Supervise the site installation and ensure that this is in line with the approved drawings, specification & applicable standards.
• Ensure all site installation work is adequately supervised and monitored as per approved drawings, specification & applicable standards
• Monitor all the installation site assigned from time to time by making adequate visits and monitoring on a daily/weekly basis.
• Undertaking site pre-installation surveys.
• Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales with reference to the installation at the site.
• Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff onsite installation issues and ensure timely resolution.
• Checking and preparing site reports, sketches for site variations & report to the design team.
• Providing technical advice; problem solving at the site.
• Ensuring daily / weekly reporting on the site progress.
• Ensuring work is completed as per approved quality & safety plan/ standards.
• Support the procurement team by providing references for qualified vendors.
• Provide timely feedback on performance of vendor.
• Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Technology in Civil/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Professional registration: Relevant Professional Body e.g. Institution of Engineers of ________ at Full Accreditation or min. Graduate Level is preferred
• Experience required:
• General work experience (years): 5year
• Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3years
• Industry: Construction
Key competencies and skills:
• Sound technical and applied skills relevant to the built environment
• Ability to liaise with customers, a variety of professionals (including architects, engineers, quantity surveyors & project managers) and other societal authorities towards creating a strategic advantage for the organizations business.
• Ability to undertake technical & feasibility studies including site investigations.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve design and development problems.
• Ability to undertake complex and repetitive calculations.
• Ability to think methodically in planning & executing projects.
• Ability to simultaneously deal with multiple project requirements while maintaining focus on each project’s details and technicalities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
• Results oriented – ability to prioritize key tasks and manage against deadlines.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and to multitask.
• Self-Starter able to work with minimal supervision.
• Local Language
• Computer literacy:
• Proficiency in ordinary computer environment applications (Windows, Office & Internet)
• Commercial CAD Experience – AutoCAD a must
• Personality profile:
• High Aptitude, Inquisitive, Analytical and a Quick Learner
• Good Interpersonal, Communication and Relationship Skills
• Team Player
• Ability to work under pressure
• Keenness to detail