|Date Posted||November 20, 2019|
Interchurch Organization for Development Cooperation (ICCO Cooperation) is an international non-governmental organisation founded in 1964 in the Netherlands and implements programmes with partners in Central, Eastern and Southern Africa since the 1980s. We work towards a world in which people can live in dignity and well-being, a world without poverty and injustice.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that operational budgets from the consortium members are prepared and submitted in a timely manner
- In collaboration with consortium members prepares annual work plans budgets and proposal for budget reallocations to Consortium Steering Committee
- Financial reporting, analysis and budget performance for the consortium work
- Participate in generating draft quarterly project reports and share with the project managers of the implementing partners for further review and final submission to Consortium Manager.
- Review/analyze the financial management reports from the consortium members and advise CM on efficient, effective and economical spending of funds on a monthly basis-value for money in consortium operations
- Preparations and monitoring of payments between consortium management unit/ ICCO to partnerships, co-implementers, consultants etc. as per contractual obligations
- Financial monitoring and evaluation of the consortium implementing partner organizations and by analysis of financial reports and audits as well as preparing donor reports.
- Monitoring of the realization of payment orders and invoices of contracted parties by consortium management unit.
- Identification of and advising on the financial capacity of consortium partner organizations/ co-implementers and partners
- Production of financial reports to donors, for the overall consortium work to be presented to Consortium Steering Committee.
- Responsible for facilitating both internal & external audits and the preparation of financial statements for auditors both office and donor audits
- To prevent any deviation of budget of 10% before the approval by Consortium Steering Committee prior to implementation of those changes
- To ensure that costs are aligned to the approved budget within the consortium work
- To ensure that financial policies such as procurement policy, anti-corruption policy are followed by the consortium partners
- To ensure that all financial documentation is updated and available within the implementing partners and the consortium management unit
- To verify and ensure that all financial transactions within the consortium follow procedures and practices applied and are approved by consortium organizations and the donor
Key result areas:
- Financial analysis and assessment
- Financial monitoring and evaluation
- Financial administration and control
- Budgeting and financial reporting
- Performance management
- Coaching and mentoring
- A university degree in Finance and relevant professional qualifications in ACCA, CIMA,CPA or their equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working in a reputable organization in financial and administrative management, preferably with consortium experience
- Financial and administrative knowledge in financial administration at an advanced level
- Knowledge on financial management of development organizations, producers organizations and business initiatives in the regional context
- Knowledge on ICT systems and financial programs
- Communication skills both in writing as verbally
- Excellent language skills in written and spoken english and a relevant regional language
- Basic knowledge of development issues and international cooperation.
- Good knowledge of financial aspects on financing organizations
- Openness and flexibility
- Initiative and pro-activeness
- Focus, reliable and integrity
- strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment
- Excellent communication skills,
- Affinity with the Act Church of Sweden values
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below. Ensure you fill in all the required fields and submit accordingly. Only online applications submitted before the deadline will be considered.