|Date Posted||September 5, 2019|
The Compliance Manager’s position is responsible for leading FINCA Uganda’s Compliance function, providing strategic direction and focus. The compliance Manager is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a Compliance risk management frame work within the institution, he develops the institutions wide compliance coverage plans that help the institution remain compliant and avoid regulatory sanctions.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide strategic leadership and direction for the compliance department.
2. Perform general management activities in relation to the compliance and AML team
3. Implement and oversee a consistent operating framework across FINCA Uganda which satisfies the minimum standards for compliance risk management. This includes but not limited the use of technology, conducting effective processes, appropriate organization structure etc.
4. Oversee Implementation of the compliance and AML frameworks and monitor levels of compliance across FINCA Uganda network and manage correction of gaps.
5. Monitor that policies are applied consistently across all business units.
6. Keep the Managing Director and other senior executives informed of compliance matters which pose financial or reputational risks to FINCA Uganda.
Ability to influence Senior and Executive Management
Good knowledge of compliance and AML requirements and a sound appreciation of the overall regulatory agenda and objectives.
Good understanding and practice of financial laws
A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage