|Date Posted||December 4, 2019|
The Communications Manager will provide leadership to the communications team at CEHURD and will have demonstrable experience in working in a non- profit context. The Manager leads the communication’s department initiatives and provides mentorship and oversight on the communications team. This position particularly requires a strong writer who will develop high quality content for CEHURD’s external communications including daily administration of the digital communication channels. This is a dynamic position that includes fundraising, development and communications responsibilities with a strong connection to CEHURD’s programmatic work and mission.
- Create and manage the organizational Communications Calendar
- Point of contact for press, media and public relations person;
- Public Relations planning and messages, brand and image development;
- Manage media trainings, fellowships and feedback;
- Oversee the organization’s presence on all social networking platforms
- Write internal newsletters, designing reports, including mid and annual reports;
- Assist with coordination of updates & improvements on CEHURD’s Web site;
- Contribute and write stories and articles on the work of the organization in the different programmes;
- Develop internal communications plan/strategy to help build organizational program engagement;
- Coordinate presentations, logistics and messages for internal and external meetings for CEHURD;
- Assist with grant applications and reports as well as integrating communications components in existing and new program grants;
- Coordinate/assist with outreach efforts as determined by programs and management
- Work with staff to identify potential media opportunities and stories.
- Coordinate photography/videos for/of events, activities for use in publications, media, etc. and ensure appropriate releases are signed and filed; maintain videos, graphics & photo files
- Do any other duties assigned to you by the Executive Director, Supervisor, program managers or any other duly authorized staff
In addition to individual respective tasks, the Communications Officer will be expected:
To adhere to CEHURD values and to actively promote their application amongst colleagues.
To undertake tasks in a creative, self-driven and innovative fashion.
To identify and implement additional tasks/ideas of benefit to the organization.
CEHURD Executive Director
All CEHURD Programme Officers
Other CEHURD staff
CEHURD thematic committees
CEHURD Partners and stakeholders
- A bachelor’s degree in mass communication or related field;
- Masters’ degree in Communications, Human Rights, Health systems or related development field is highly desirable;
- Exposure and expertise in graphic design principles, e-communications, social media, internet and Journalistic skills will be an added advantage;
- At least 7 years work experience with 3 years in a senior position, preferably with an NGO or Communications
- Interest in human rights, health systems and sexual reproductive health and rights advocacy is key.
The Communications Officer will be expected to have the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to use a range of personal computer software applications, including desktop publishing, PPT, excel and word to support and enhance work;
- Professional level of skills in proposal and publications development with writing and editing experience;
- Skill in writing for a range of audiences including capacity to write and edit news and feature articles;
- Ability to write/edit in a variety of writing styles, ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics. Strong editing and proofreading skills;
- The ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible
- Exceptional verbal, written presentation skills;
- Resource mobilization skills, Innovative spirit and willingness to use creative thinking;
- Team player with leadership skills, abilities and desire to interact with people at all levels;
- Demonstrated dedication to work effectively with underserved, at-risk, and vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of electronic media such as Web sites, e-Newsletters, Social Media, & other e-platforms
If you believe you are the ideal candidate for any of these opportunities. please deliver your Curriculum Vitea, Copies of your academic documents, a list of three references including their contacts and a cover letter in a sealed envelope to:
The Director of Operations
Center for Health, Human Rights and Development
Plot 4008, Justice Road, Canaan Sites, Nakwero
Gayaza — Kalagli Road
OR Email your application to: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.