|Date Posted||May 21, 2020|
Health Care / Medical
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kit gum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Clinical Officer – Health Facility In-charge will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of effective and efficient health services in the health facility. They will provide overall leadership, and supervision of the staff at the health facility. S/HE will be the focal person for the implementation of the primary health care activities at the health facility and its catchment community and will work in close collaboration with the Medical Officer. In collaboration with the Medical Officer, assess staff capacity needs at health centre level, and coordinate all planned trainings. S/He will ensue that all reports are compiled accurately and submitted on time.
- Overall leadership and management of the health facility, including managing all the human resources at the health facility;
- Ensure staff adherence to professional and service codes of conduct and ethics; and promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organisation.
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of the primary health care activities, the Uganda Minimum Health Care Package, at the health facility level;
- Ensuring that medicines, medical equipment, medical supplies, non-medical supplies, and all other resources allocated to the health facility are put to the intended use and are accounted for;
- Ensure that the health facility infrastructure and equipment are well maintained and functional;
- Support the formation & functionality of necessary committees such as the Health Unit Management Committee.
- Maintain the asset register of the health facility.
- Supervising the clinical services at the health facility, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients;
- In collaboration with the medical officer, provide technical guidance and supervision of lower cadre health staff;
- Co-ordinate the provision of continuous professional development of the staff;
- Ensure the functionality of health management information system so as to produce quality weekly, monthly reports that are submitted timely.
- Provide regular feedback to the Medical Officer on activity implementation at the Health facility;
- Assist in preparation of donor reports;
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Key working relationships:
Direct supervisor: Medical Officer.
Technical support: Medical Officer, Health Manager
Other: Logistics, finance, admin staff.
Govt. of Uganda: District Health Team and other district officials
Other: NGOs, INGOs and UN agencies working in the project region
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Deadline for receiving applications is May 22nd,2020
- A Medical background is a requirement i.e. Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Bachelor degree Public Health/ Health Management or equivalent is an added advantage.
- At least three years working experience in Primary Health Care settings:
- Experience in planning, organizing and coordinating health activities;
- Experience in Information management
Skills and Abilities
- Having concern for quality and standards, and ethics and integrity;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to enhance good interpersonal relationship;
- Good report writing skills;
- Good knowledge and application of Microsoft word, Excel and Power Point.