|Date Posted||December 8, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
Lira Regional Referral Hospital (RRH) has received a grant from the United States Government through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID to implement a Government to Government (G2G) funded HIV and TB Health System Strengthening Project. The project aims at strengthening capacity of the RRH teams in HIV and TB service delivery, leadership, management, and accountability. Government to Government (G2G) is a USAID initiative to transition delivery of services and technical assistance to local partners including host government entities. The G2G initiative is also part of efforts to support local ownership and enhance the sustainability of results. The awards under this mechanism focus on HIV service delivery and health systems strengthening including public financial management. As one of the recipients of these awards, Lira Regional Referral Hospital invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following positions to be submitted to the address below not later than 5:00pm, 23 December 2021. Note that Health Workers recruited under this project will be given employment contracts by the hospital. These are full time jobs, so people already holding full time Government Jobs should not apply. Salaries will be based on Government of Uganda scales.
Post: Clinical Officer – HIV 1 Post
Reports to: Senior Clinical Officer
• Must possess a Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
• Possession of a degree in Clinical Medicine and Community Health would be of an added advantage Must be registered and gazetted by Allied Health Professional Council
• Must have at least 2 years’ clinical work experience gained through provision of HIV care and treatment services within a government institution or donor funded program
• Previous working experience with PEPFAR funded activities is preferred
Duties and responsibilities
• Treat and ensure HIV patients are managed in compliance with applicable treatment protocol.
• Refer complicated cases to the Senior Clinical Officer.
• Liaise with other cadres in the unit in the delivery of quality HIV health care to patients. Participate in the implementation of primary health care activities.
• Participate in the collection of health data.
• Participate in teaching staff, patients and the public.
• Adhere to professional Codes of Conduct and Ethics.
• Compile and submit periodic reports.
• Provide information to clients aimed at reducing vulnerability to AIDs and other HIV related infections
• Participate in quality improvement activities aimed at improving service delivery and clinical outcomes
• Collaborates with other disciplines to promote, maintain, and restore patient.
• Perform other relevant duties as may from time to time by the supervisor.
Applicants must be registered with the relevant professional council and have a valid practicing license were applicable. Applicants should also attach updated Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of certificates and testimonials of the academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references to;
Lira regional Referral Hospital
P.O. BOX 2, Lira
Hand delivered to the Hospital Central Registry By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org File size must not exceed 2MB