|Date Posted||May 6, 2021|
Our client in the Oil & Gas industry is looking to hire a candidate of sound and moral character as a Civil Works / Structural Supervisor WP North reporting to Wellpads Superintendent North.
- Support the Deputy Construction Manager North to ensure work progress in the dedicated area of the construction site. Ensure that Contractors/Subcontractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts as per the Level-3 Schedule.
- Support the Deputy Construction Manager North supervising and monitoring Contractors/Subcontractors activities related to the his/her scope in order to ascertain that the installation will be done as per drawings, specifications, procedures, cost and schedule meeting HSE and Quality requirements and expectations.
- Ensure flow of information is effective between Construction Team, Commissioning Team and the rest of the Project team as required.
- Liaise with all the Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that the construction complies with all Project Design Documentation, with Company Standards and Procedures, and with applicable international Codes, Standards and Practices.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy, maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards, actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared
- Create an environment in which a focus on value awareness is developed and constantly think in terms of cost/benefit trade-off.
- Identify and adopt creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving and encourage others to do same.
- Support the Deputy Construction Manager North on site ensuring that the Contractor is fully conversant with all Company and Project Civil works, Structural Fabrication/Installation related standards and procedures.
- Support Deputy Construction Manager North overseeing Civil/Structural works with reference to Quality Assurance and Control including Contractors/Subcontractors conformity to Detailed Engineering design and specifications.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the Deputy Construction Manager North as it concerns Civil and Structural fabrication/installation works.
- Ensure that scope of work is fulfilled as per the Project and contractual requirements.
- To provide technical assistance and coordination accordingly to the project requirements
- Act as primary Supervisor for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents to make sure the sequence is as per the Construction Level-3 Schedule.
- Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule.
- Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule.
- Monitor progress and prepare performance reports.
- Identify & analyze the weak points which penalize the productivity and propose corrective actions.
- Advice the Deputy Construction Manager North on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
- Analyze and forecast performance and manpower requirements based on physical progress relative to schedule.
- Support other Discipline Superintendents and Supervisors on all aspects of Civil works, Structural Fabrication/Installation activities and ensure that interfaces with other disciplines are managed effectively.
- Supervise the following interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned:
- Company & Construction Contractor
- Construction Contractor / Sub-contractors
- Civil/Structural works representatives & construction site personnel
- Assist the COMPANY Team to ensure Compliance with projects objectives throughout the life of the project.
- Maintain good relationship with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
- Liaise with Other disciplines as it might be required to improve effectiveness of Team and to achieve project objectives and targets
- Keep the Deputy Construction Manager North informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
- Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
- Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
- Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
- Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings as required
- Compile necessary reports (/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline daily and scope for the Deputy Construction Manager North and Construction Manager.
- HNC or equivalent education preferably recognized Safety Course (NEBOSH or equivalent)
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry specifically infrastructure/construction projects, with thorough knowledge on various safety regulations, standards, procedures etc.
- General awareness of Company General Specifications and/or previous experience with other major IOC’s/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
- Ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas Industry International Codes, Standards as well as best Industry Practices.
- A good awareness of other disciplines. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. English mandatory.
- Valid Medical Certificate which complies with Company standards.
- Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him/her.
- To act on behalf of the Deputy Construction Manager North in his/her absence if required.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org