|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
The Child Development officer -Home Based Programming (CDO-HBP) interfaces with the Home-based beneficiaries most. 80% of the time spent doing this job, is out of office carrying out home visits. He/she carries out (or identifies resource persons for the day-to-day training and equipping of the Home-based beneficiaries in the Home-based interventions skills. As a resourceful person on Survival and ECD related matters. the CDO-HBP monitors the manner in which the interventions are impacting the beneficiaries on a day-to-day basis. He/she ensures that GOBIFFF and other interventions for the Home-based beneficiaries are implemented in the framework of existing standards. He/she shall be a model Christian and respectful of people’s privacy and confidentiality.
Knowledge, skills, responsibilities required.
• Must be a mature born-again Christian with
• sound testimony who is a model in word, deed, and lifestyle and demonstrates involvement in Church ministry.
• Must have at least a Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery, Primary Health Care, Community Health, Nutrition, clinical medicine, Education and Social work related disciplines Must be Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Power Point plus knowledge of Internet, with Good oral and written communication skills. Experience and current knowledge of Early Childhood Development interventions or home
• based programming is desirable.
• Customer service orientation.
• Ability and desire to learn new things. Formal training in counseling and child development will be an added advantage Should be a good steward, of high integrity, exhibiting confidentiality, with good social skills and can be trusted by persons who prefer a nonintrusive lifestyle.
• Highly self-motivated to carry out Home-visits and group trainings that involve parents and their children in non-classroom settings (CDOHBP).
• Should have a developmental mindset and ability to design and implement homebased
• interventions that are contextualized (CDO-HBP).
• Ability to design a stimulating environment
• for children using locally available resources/ materials (CDO-HBP).
• Experience and knowledge in ECD, GOBI-FFF components, maternal-child health intervention programs and social will be an added advantage (CDO-HBP).
• Working conditions Shall work at a Local Church Project and will also include visiting homes of beneficiaries to provide training and support.
• Travels for correspondence, conferences and trainings should be expected. Will Sign and abide by a statement of commitment to child protection.
The interested applicants should hand deliver their applications to: THE DIOCESAN SECRETARY, BUNYORO KITARA DIOCESE,
Or by Post Office on Box No. 20, HOIMA With the following information;
Recommendation letter from your local Church
Pastor An application letter (handwritten) specifying
Curriculum Vitae Photocopy of National ID (BUT Original to be presented during interviews for short listed applicants) Certified copies of academic credentials and all the necessary supporting documents (BUT Originals to be presented during interviews for
short listed applicants) Only short listed candidates shall be contacted BUNYORO KITARA DIOCESE P.O. Box 20, HOIMA. Tel: 0782950525 (Diocesan secretary Bunyoro Kitara Diocese)