|Date Posted||August 25, 2019|
This is an incredible opportunity for a highly motivated, talented, and inspirational operations leader to join our C-suite and be based in Kampala, Uganda to support our exceptional, high performing team that is passionate about improving the quality of life for off-grid customers at the base of the pyramid.
The COO would be responsible for overseeing strategic manufacturing, supply chain, health, safety, and ethics, and African Operations leadership.
- Demonstrated, genuine passion for and commitment to the company's mission, values, customer, team and culture.
- Serve on the the company's C-Suite Team and drive to achieve the company's mission and values.
- Lead our company's Supply Chain Management
Develop strategy and guide investments for the end-to-end supply chain for the business (from China to Africa, and in coordination with R&D teams)
- Oversee the distribution of product from China to active markets by leading teams in various locations.
- With the Global Ordering and Forecasting Manager, oversee the forecasting for sellable inventory as well as service parts for all company's markets, review inventory levels and work with country teams to develop inventory best practices, monthly forecasts and optimize dollar spend.
- Utilize sales and supply data, making strategic decisions that balance competing inventory needs with cash flow.
- Motivate and Lead the Global Operations Team
Provide exceptional, inspirational leadership and support to the supply chain team.
- Represent the company in external stakeholder meetings.
- Inspire the team to take ownership of their work.
- Oversee the development and success of cross-functional teams that can meet shifts in market demand.
- Proven ability to motivate, develop and lead technical teams through periods of aggressive growth and through difficult business environments.
- Ability to create unique employee performance incentives for the Operations team to achieve goals, such as HSSE, supply chain management, etc.
- Support the policy team in formulating strategy around lobbying and influencing key stakeholders in the company markets on favourable import policies such as taxes, duties, exemptions and other needle moving proposals.
- Lead Senior Directors in different locations responsible for supply chain management.
- Develop the Operations strategy in line with the company's mission and goals.
- Oversee the business intelligence team ensuring timely and accurate performance management, knowledge & best practice sharing and dissemination.
- Oversee the Global Quality Assurance team, ensuring efficient and cost effective quality control mechanisms in China and operating countries to meet or exceed product failure rate targets and other business KPIs.
- Responsible for P&L and
growth plans and execution for global operations.
- Oversee team budget, allocate resources and approve spend for the global operations department.
- Track team goals and performance to ensure meeting of targets.
- Lead teams in evaluating and sharing business best practices across our global operations while providing cost savings, maximizing efficiency, and ensuring quality.
- Support the team in dealing with legislative or other government committees regarding operational policies, tax policies, programs, or budgets.
- Oversee best practice research and implementation in the company's Operations
- Lead the Operations team to define protocols for how to optimize the supply chain process at our Company.
- Ensure usage of data from various departments to improve processes and systems.
- Oversee and support the HSSE Manager in the development of the Company's HSSE standards and principles.
- Support the HSSE Manager on HSSE initiatives and proposals.
- Collaborate with global Operational Finance team to implement and manage robust inventory and financial management systems, including but not limited to, SAP, etc.Requirements
- Relevant advanced degree or diploma
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English)
- 10+ years of supply chain management experience preferably at a multi-national company operating in multiple markets
- Work experience in a multinational or vertically integrated company, preferably with operations in Africa and China
- Strong negotiation skills, preferably in multicultural contexts
- Significant leadership and management experience in supply chain management
- Experience in the manufacturing and distribution of parts, goods and products
- Ability to manage a multicultural team of supply chain, operations and manufacturing staff
- Strong data analysis skills preferred, proficient usage of MS Excel is required
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature
- Attention to detail, strategic thinker
- A passion for the company and our customers!
- Familiarity with Six Sigma concepts related to hardware
- Knowledge of China manufacturing is an added advantage
- Last mile distribution experience would be preferred
- French and Mandarin language skills
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online by 24th September 2019