|Date Posted||May 21, 2020|
For over 60 years, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) has contributed to high-impact international development projects in more than 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Grounded in the seven cooperative principles, NCBA CLUSA’s international development work seeks to alleviate poverty through social and economic empowerment. NCBA CLUSA’s work focuses on building resilient communities, creating economic opportunities, and strengthening cooperatives and producer organizations. Our community-led development approach empowers communities to identify, promote, and manage sustainable, locally generated solutions.
NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Chief of Party for the anticipate USDA funded Food for Progress Uganda Vanilla Activity. The goal of the activity will be to increase productivity and expand trade of the Ugandan vanilla sector. The Chief of Party will provide overall technical vision and leadership, overseeing the design and implementation of the activity.
This will be a contract position pending award from USDA.
Essential Areas Of Responsibility
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and ensure that the design and implementation of all project activities are done on time and within budget.
- Manage, supervise and build capacity of all long‐term staff, short‐term staff, consortium partners, and/or sub‐partners, as proposed.
- Develop and manage a team that includes members of diverse backgrounds in order to successfully co-create and implement a sustainable integrated design.
- Integrate cooperative approaches, gender sensitivity, social inclusion and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Ensure the efficient use and coordination of USDA resources and ensure financial systems and controls are in compliance with USDA rules and regulations and with NCBA CLUSA policies and standards.
- Ensure sound financial management including programmatic budgeting, spending projections, and monitoring of payments.
- Lead internal and external program planning and reporting, including annual work planning with sub recipients.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUA’s security team and country team’s security focal points to develop and maintain security systems that promote the security and safety of all team members.
- Work closely with NCBA CLUSA Headquarters to ensure high-quality periodic reporting and communications.
- Serve as the primary representative of the program to USDA and collaborate with host government officials, other donor funded activities, private sector partners and other key stakeholders.
Successful Candidates Will Have The Following Qualifications
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, agriculture, business administration, international development or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility in the areas of commercial value chains, private sector engagement, market systems development, international trade, and/or financial inclusion.
- 5+ years of experience managing large, complex USG funded programs; with preferable experience as Chief of Party to USDA or USAID projects in East Africa.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with government counterparts in the cooperating country, USG donors, private sector partners, and other key stakeholders and partners.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, build capacity, motivate and manage staff, consortium partners, and/or sub-partners.
- Ability to negotiate and manage agreements and required programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated understanding of US Government regulations, policies, and procedures, preferably USDA.
- Proven ability to produce results in challenging contexts and the capacity to effectively manage and resolve conflict.
- Experience overseeing a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) staff and systems, incorporating collaboration, learning and adaptation into program activities.
- Commitment to ensure gender and youth integration in program activities.
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
- Fluency in English is required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.