|Date Posted||February 12, 2020|
We are building a diverse and inclusive team and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is an expandable, pay-go solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.14 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers. To date, Fenix has sold over 600,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Cote d'Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 3 million people.
In early 2018, Fenix joined forces with ENGIE, one of the world's largest energy companies and a leader in the move to renewable, decentralised and digital energy. This has allowed Fenix to make significant commercial investments to accelerate the path to our mission, via new markets and innovative products. Together, Fenix and ENGIE are making universal access to modern energy a reality.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a high performing team supporting Fenix’s mission to bring inclusive and affordable energy and financial services to millions across Africa.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will report to the Corporate Finance Manager, to conduct thorough data analysis, generate reports, data visualizations and dashboards that track company KPIs and progress to targets. Collaborating with teams across the company this position will be a key driver of ensuring Fenix is optimizing its resources and maximizing market share.
- Collaborate with teams across the World to make insights and trends from large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and usable.
- Develop & maintain data visualizations and dashboards to monitor KPIs and track actual performance vs target for company goals
- Interact with teams to continually evaluate data visualization products and maintain relevance/performance
- Synthesize data and findings concisely, & explain the implications and applications to stakeholders across Fenix
- Make data-driven decisions and recommendations to improve business performance.
- Develop action plans and aide in accountability for interventions resulting from data findings.
- Continually iterate on KPI development to ensure business is tracking the right metrics to successfully drive efficiency and improve market share
- Contribute to short and long-term goal setting
- Be a stakeholder in data warehousing and data integrity projects
- Get the entire Fenix team fired up about our KPIs
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in analytics or relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, master’s degree preferred
- Significant experience with SQL
- Experience with BI tools/data vis software (Tableau preferred)
- Advanced MS Office user, particularly in Excel and PPT.
- Very strong critical thinking, and an analytical mindset; able to analyze numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the finding.
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the ‘bigger picture’
- Highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience as a collaborative team player and eagerness to learn new tools and/or roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Committed to living in Africa for 2+ years
Desired Skills & Experience
- Masters degree in relevant field
- Experience working in fin-tech in Africa
- Experience with Python and/or basic scripting