|Date Posted||August 10, 2020|
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Manager – Management Reporting, the role holder will support the business in appropriate and timely decision making through the execution of appropriate mechanisms to deliver consistent financial planning, forecasting, analysis, and timely management reporting.
Liaise with the business on a day to day basis through the provision of guidance on financial reporting issues.
- Interpreting, explaining, reporting on, and supporting performance drives with the businesses.
- Provide a dynamic industry, competitor, and economic analysis as well as ad hoc analysis and insights on specific areas of business through conducting market research.
- Support the business in the preparation of dashboards for (Management Action Reviews (MARS), ALM, Channels, ALCO, Stress Testing, regulatory & board reporting, Scenario Analysis, transfer pricing etc.).
- Support the budgeting and forecasting processes of the entire bank through collation of information, consolidation of budgets and challenging the business. This will involve specifically advising on key business planning assumptions, tradeoffs, and opportunities.
- Maintain a constant dialogue with supported domains to ensure maximum benefit from management and business intelligence reports.
- Value addition through in-depth analysis on NII, business reporting in terms of transfer pricing and branch profitability and profitability by product.
- Close monitoring of portfolio Vs interest income by product and currency to ensure interest is correctly being accrued and booked.
- Focus on NII through close monitoring of activity fees Vs customer numbers / transaction volumes to ensure all non-interest income is correctly captured and charged.
- Enhance analysis of trends in revenues by product and business segments to inform management and business teams accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Statistics, Accounting or Finance.
- Partly qualified in accounting profession with a recognized institute (ACCA, CPA, CIMA).
- 3 years’ experience in similar field.
- Industry Knowledge of the banking sector, knowledge of IFRS and Ugandan tax legislation, and Financial Institutions Act (FIA) 2004 and Amendments.
- Fluency in spoken/written English.
- Good computer literacy with excellent use of MS Office.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Good communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive self-starter who is able to work under own initiative.
- Good understanding of business operations.
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send applications with detailed CV’s including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below; Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com