|December 7, 2023
NIC General is a wholly owned subsidiary of NIC Holdings Limited (NIC). NIC General was incorporated on 3rd March, 2014 and took over the general insurance businesses of NIC in compliance with the legal requirement for separation of insurance businesses under the Insurance (Amendment) Act.
NIC General Insurance is looking for an experienced person to take up a position of Branch Manager.
Job Title : Branch Manager
Reports to : Branch Coordinator
Purpose : Attend to clients, handle branch accounting work, follow up and bank collected premiums, process claims and make periodical report in line with guiding policies and procedures.
Key Result Areas:
• Attend to and advise clients on the general insurance queries, complaints, and appeals and generate relevant correspondence to stake holders in line with the underwriting standards and guidelines.
• Prepare endorsements and attend to correspondences concerning new, renewal and/or alterations of insurance policies in line with the underwriting standards and guidelines.
• Prepare books of accounts and capture all business transactions (including settled claims and insurance policies) in the system in line with guiding policies and procedures.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical reports for H/Q review in line with the reporting guidelines and standards.
• Follow up payments of premium allowed on credit and prepare monthly outstanding claims in line with guiding policies and reporting standards.
• Carry out inspection of risks and verification of claims in line with underwriting guidelines and procedures.
• Prompt preparation of claim files and payment vouchers for approval in line with guiding policies and procedures.
• Take custody of petty cash, process payments, make disbursements upon approval and make periodical accountability in line with accounting standards and guidelines.
• Daily banking of collected funds on premiums, renewals etc. in line with the accounting procedures and guidelines.
• Any other duty that may be assigned to you.
Job Qualification and Experience:
• Diploma in marketing or any relevant field.
• Certificate of proficiency in Insurance
• At least 5 years of experience in insurance.
Job Skills and Abilities:
• Good communication skills both written and oral.
• Report writing skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Computer literacy in Ms Word, Ms Excel, PowerPoint and internet usage.
• Good Inter personal skills
• Proven experience with leading Teams.
• All round leadership skills both internal and external stakeholders.
• Problem solving skills.
• Emotional Intelligence.
• Organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity organization; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the email address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title. For example: Ref: Application for Branch Manager. Strictly apply through email: email@example.com
NOTE: All vacancies are for NIC General Insurance Ltd.