|Date Posted||June 24, 2022|
The Bookkeeper supports the finance function working directly with the Finance Director and Hub Accountant , ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and One World's financial controls, policies and systems.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:3 years
OneWorld Health is an international organization that proves quality, affordable healthcare to people in need. We achieve our mission through the development of facility-based medical programs in East Africa using social enterprise models of development. Through this model, we are able to maximize sustainability and scalability while reaching underserved populations on the Continent.
OneWorld Health is in a period of exciting growth as we work towards our 2030 vision, building out new facilities and services in Uganda. With each new facility comes additional financial responsibility. This position will play a key role in supporting the Finance Director to maintain the financial integrity of the work through the duties outlined below.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Result 1: Financial Accounting and Processing
- Processing MKMC financial transactions into QuickBooks online according to company policies and regulations.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and year end close-out procedures.
- Performs monthly general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations and intercompany reconciliations.
- Daily cash tracking and performing periodic cash counts.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
- Support the development of MKMC budgets on an annual basis.
Key Result 2: Inventory Management
- Ensure compliance to inventory management policies, processes, and procedures.
- Reconciliations of inventory perpetual records to the general ledger and report on major inventory imbalances and process deficiencies.
- Conducting monthly and annual inventory counts.
Key Result 3: Audit and Compliance
- Assist in the external audit process by providing detailed working papers and schedules to support the audit and reviewing the draft audited statements to ensure all details are correct.
- Maintain accounting records to ensure a proper audit trail and that documents are securely stored in compliance with policy and regulations. Works in conjunction with Hospital Administrator to proper records are maintained for audit purposes.
- Developing and implementing a process to count and tag fixed assets.
- Maintenance of asset register and reconciling the asset register to the general ledger.
- Process payments and transfers ensuring that they are arithmetically accurate, have the right support documentation, and necessary approvals.
● A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or professional qualification in Finance or Accounting (CPA/ACCA/CMA).
● A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar or higher position is preferred.
● Excellent computer skills. As a minimum, this would include an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Online.
Additional Skills & Competencies
● A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● A good command of both written and spoken English
● Diligent and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills