|Date Posted||January 19, 2022|
Health Care / Medical
EMERGENCY Life Support for Civilian War Victims (EMERGENCY) is an independent Italian organization established in 1994 to offer high quality, free medical and surgical care to victims of war, landmines and poverty. It promotes a culture of peace, solidarity and respect for human rights. In consultation with Uganda Ministry of Health and Health Service Commission, following to the opening of the Children’s Surgical Hospital in Entebbe and the subsequent increase of all medical activities, EMERGENCY will appoint additional national qualified staff to work at the Children’s Surgical Hospital, as per below posts.
Hospital facilities include the following departments:
• Outpatients department (OPD);
• Diagnostic department (Ultrasound, X-Ray, CT scan);
• Laboratory (Hematology, Clinical chemistry and Microbiology);
• Operating Theatres No. 3;
• Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) with No. beds 6, all equipped with ventilators;
• High Dependency Unit (HDU) with No. beds 16; – WARD with No. beds 50;
• Technical department;
• Ancillary and domestic services (laundry, maintenance, etc.).
NAME OF THE POST: Biomedical Engineer (U4)
• Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution;
• National ID.
• Contract of employment: 12 months' contract (with 6 months of probationary period).
• Social benefits: GPA, National Social Insurance, Health Insurance.
• Holidays and leaves: according to the current law.
• Working place: Children's Surgical Hospital in Entebbe.
• Tentative starting date: starting date may vary according to the position and the hospital activities.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your application including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional documentation, required registration with medical councils and names of 3 work-related Referees with their email/ telephone contacts. Submission can be done personally to EMERGENCY's office at Plot 120-122 Bishop Dunstan Nsumbuga Road - Entebbe or by email to
firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position and reference.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.