|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
An Associate Fundraising Officer’s role will be to assist the Divine Mercy Schools in coming up with a fundraising strategy, among others, by creating a portfolio of donors and by identifying and developing professional relationships.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
Divine Mercy Schools comprise of the Divine Mercy Secondary School which is a mixed day and boarding secondary school with Ordinary (O) and Advanced (A) levels; Divine Mercy Primary School and Divine Mercy Nursery School. The Primary and Nursery Schools are also mixed but only meant for day scholars. The schools are situated in Kiko in Kabarole District, 20 minutes from Fort Portal Tourism City along Fort Portal-Kamwenge Road.
The three schools are private and catholic founded that were started by Rev. Dr. Christopher Mukidi who is the Founder and Director. The schools are some of the best performing schools in Western Uganda. We treasure discipline, academic excellence and offer privileges to the gifted students in academics and co-curricular activities.
The schools are out to train the heart, mind, and body in view of changing lives and in so doing serving God and the community. The schools aspire to be a Centre of excellence in teaching and learning in the region and beyond with a motto “Educating for a better world” (Pro Meliori Mundo Pro informamus). Students going through our schools should be hands on, meaning, they should love to work and be able to produce work with their hands.
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATE FUNDRAISING OFFICER’S ROLE
An Associate Fundraising Officer’s role will be to assist the Divine Mercy Schools in coming up with a fundraising strategy, among others, by creating a portfolio of donors and by identifying and developing professional relationships. All grant-related activities will be handled by this Officer. The Officer will be responsible for packaging information for soliciting funds and for making progressive reports regarding the same. S/he will ensure that donors are well-kept abreast with the information required regarding Divine Mercy School Projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ASSOCIATE FUNDRAISING OFFICER
- Assisting to meet Divine Mercy Schools' short- and long-term financial goals by finding individuals, corporations, companies and foundations who may be interested in donating money to the schools.
- Creating a strong and compelling fundraising message that speaks to donors and appeals to their generosity; with referenced sourcing for exceptional grant applications.
- Create and maintain a database for donors for Divine Mercy Schools. The database will assist in keeping track of donors with the corresponding information needed to be sent to donors and the immediate actions that should be taken in regard to follow-ups.
- Communicating the schools’ vision and mission to donors and maintaining positive relationships with them.
- Writing funding proposals and sending them to identified potential donors for funding.
- Maintaining relationships with previous donors and updating them with well-written and detailed reports in regard to the projects funded.
- Developing a strong relationship with donors by keeping them updated with calls, briefings, and reports.
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the Director.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and five years of fundraising experience is strongly preferred, with demonstrable skills of having attracted funds in prior experience.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented but with emphasis on excellent writing, editing skills, and analytical and strong listening skills are preferred.
- Experience of having worked with donors and specifically foundations
- Fluency with computer literacy and specifically with the Microsoft Office suite
- High level of integrity with a high degree and sense of confidentiality.
- Demonstration of commitment to Divine Mercy Schools’ vision and Mission
Though the work is meant to benefit the Schools in Fort Portal, the actual work can be done from anywhere provided the agreed terms and products thereof are produced.
This is a part-time Associate Fundraising Officer position which shall attract a monthly salary. The initial contract shall run for six months however renewable upon evaluation of one’s performance in achieving the set objectives.