|Date Posted||November 17, 2022|
Education / Teaching
Kabale University is a Public University pursuant to Statutory Instrument No. 36 of 16th July 2015 under The Universities and other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001 (as amended). Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the following posts that exist at Kabale University.
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR QUALITY ASSURANCE
Salary Scale: M5NTNSc
Serial. No. : EXT AD 24/3/2022
Responsible to: Deputy Director Quality Assurance
Responsible for: Senior Quality Assurance Officer
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To assist the Deputy Director Quality Assurance in managing quality assurance standards and accreditation programs for the products of the University in line national, regional, and international criteria.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing or reviewing the quality assurance framework, plans, tools and strategies for approval by Council or other relevant decision-making organ of the University.
- Assist in overseeing the University’s response to and implementation of Council policies and decisions, quality standards and any other policy or quality requirements as set by the Sector Ministry, National Council for Higher or other relevant quality assurance bodies.
- Advises on and monitors quality assurance requirements for teaching, learning, research and community outreach programs.
- Provides technical and professional support to the various academic and administrative units in the implementation or enhancement of quality assurance systems within the University.
- Supervises the Quality Assurance teams under him/her in their undertakings and assists in overseeing the quality assurance and quality enhancement activities of the University.
- Plans, implements and continually improves the quality management systems of the University in conformity with universally acceptable standards.
- Evaluates quality assurance or inspection reports from the various units of the University.
- Oversees the provision of support to University units in eliminating impediments to implementation of quality programs in their internal operations.
- Coordinates the conduct of quality management system audits and conformity assessments by External Advisors, Assessors and auditing, certification, accreditation or pre-qualification bodies.
- Participates in the sensitization, education and training of both staff and other relevant Stakeholders in Quality Management Systems.
- Participates in the preparation of periodic reports on quality assurance audits in accordance with the University quality assurance policies.
- Communicates quality management targets, shortfalls, remedial measures and improved processes and procedures.
- Performs any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Should have a Masters from a recognized institution.
- An earned PhD degree is an added advantage.
- Should have seven (7) years proven experience of management in a reputable institution of higher learning, three (3) of which should have been at Senior quality Assurance or its equivalent.
- Should have broad knowledge of the national, regional and international standards, norms and practices as they relate to quality assurance standards of education in institutions of higher learning.
- ISO certification as a qualified Auditor or Assessor is an added advantage.
- Should have experience in quality rating and assessment.
- Should be proficient in the use of information technology.
- Should have a high level of demonstrated personal integrity.
Suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in sealed envelopes clearly indicating the position applied for and serial number to the address below, including an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, copies of Certified Transcripts and Certificates, Postal and Telephone Contacts, Names and Telephone Contacts of three referees:
Applications should reach the University through the following address
P.O Box 317,
Kabale University Kampala Liaison Office,
3rd Floor, Reev House, Plot 515,
Bombo Road, Wandegeya -Kampala.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants shall be subjected to background check.
Kabale University is an Equal Opportunities Organization