|Date Posted||December 4, 2021|
Umoja Microfinance is a Ugandan Microfinance located at Ben Okot road, Plot 11, Bukoto Kampala and started its activities on 1st October 2021.Umoja is a money lending institution licenced by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA) and a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). Umoja Microfinance exists to serve and empower people to build brighter futures together. Umoja means “unity” in Swahili. We are focused on improving lives through financial inclusion for all people. By providing the initial step up to those in need we believe we can break the cycle of poverty and empower a new generation of entrepreneurs and leaders in their communities.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for qualified and passionate individuals willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following roles.
Position: Area Manager (9 positions)
Report to: Regional Manager
Location: Different areas in Uganda
Purpose of the position:
To implement field level Resilience and supervision of in line with targets to empower and ensure financial loans are disbursed in time as per the regulations of the company.
• Develop and implement the regional strategic plans in line with the company objectives:
• Oversee 5 branches or supervise 5 branch managers
• Provide regional analytical data to the Operations manager relative to financial activities based on strategic and operational plans.
• Prepare annual work plans, reviewed semi-annually or quarterly, with the Operations Manager.
• Plan and ensure adequate number of staff to fulfil strategic and operational objectives of the regional office.
• Hold branch managers accountable for their supervisory teams’ budgets or expenditure.
• Enhance compliance to policies and procedures
• Ensure risk mitigation measures are implemented to control identified risks.
• Plan and Monitor the implementation of the loan disbursement processes as per set disbursement standards mainly focusing on quick service delivery and efficiency while ensuring proper loan documentation standards.
• Plan and monitor the implementation of the savings performance indicators in the branches under his/her supervision.
• Plan and Monitor loan portfolio growth, quality and outreach as per regional targets
• Identify, Assess, Monitor, and Respond to customer concerns
• Monitor Alternate Business Channels
• Regularly monitor implementation of compliance recommendation and standards in all areas of business operations in Branches supervised
• Ensure risk mitigation controls as recommended by the Board are implemented in the branches under your supervision.
• Conduct other administrative roles with regard to operational activities as per set administrative policies and procedures
• Compile, analyse, and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly regional performance reports to management as per regional reporting requirements
• A well-developed ability to manage and motivate staff.
• High analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent people manager with good team building skills and ability to manage and develop teams
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, business administration and management or any other relevant discipline. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a financial institution.
• Computer literate
• Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Computer literacy
• Perform other duties as required
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and to 80 % of the time.
The position requires willingness to reside within the Program Area
Please send your applications to
or hand deliver to
Umoja Microfinance head office,
Plot 11,Ben Okot,
For more information, please contact our office on 0786-721793/0706542094.