|Date Posted||August 5, 2022|
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Administrative Officer for our program in Uganda to be based at Kampala Office. You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the Administrative Officer will be responsible for overseeing administrative and office operational support of ALIGHT Uganda Program. He/she will ensure effective and efficient administrative support services to ALIGHT’s Country Office, ensure that ALIGHT’s and other applicable procedures and regulations relating to logistics, security and administration are complied with. He or she will also be responsible for providing services to incoming visitors, answer all calls, redirect calls to staff, maintain a clear, safe and attractive reception environment at ALIGHT Kampala Head Office in line with Operations guidelines. He / she will also act as a liaison between ALIGHT staff and guests; provide support to various administrative duties to ensure that the office runs in a smooth and efficient manner. He or she will also be responsible for Expatriate Visa processing, Work permits, NGO registration, renewal of legal documents etc.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Manage the reception of visitors to the Country Office.
• Greet, welcome, guide and direct office guests appropriately and handle, answer, screen and forward incoming calls.
• To take care of the reception area and ensure that it has good ambiance on a daily basis by ensuring that it is tidy and presentable.
• Provide or channel appropriately basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email to inquiries
• Receive, record, sort and distribute all office correspondences (mail/deliveries and courier) on a daily basis.
• Ensure front office safety and security, following laid down office safety and access procedures. .
• Assist staff in photocopying, scanning and printing of office documents.
• Receive, record and file all of official correspondences.
• Record all office supplies’ movements in and out of stores, ensuring the stock cards are kept up-to-date.
• Compile quarterly needs for office supplies and submit to Logistics Manager for onward approval and procurement.
• Produce monthly stock utilization report for office supplies for submission to Logistics Manager.
• Maintain and update an inventory with all expatriates at their different remises and handle their needs.
• Ensure that ALIGHT Kampala main Office is well maintained and all repairs are done in a timely manner.
• Working closely with procurement unit, ensure general office comfort items, garden / compound and sanitary supplies and materials are acquired timely, stocked and available for use by cleaners, cooks and gardeners.
• Support in booking accommodation for all national staff to Kampala and liaise with field office operations teams to arrange accommodation for field travels.
• Ensure payments for all invoices for accommodation, with supporting Travel Authorization Forms and email authorizations of staff travels are forwarded to finance department for prompt settlement.
• Manage, maintain and update the records and renewal process of NGO operating permits with NGO Bureau and certificate of registration with UBRA to ensure validity and compliance status at all times.
• Support in processing Immigration Instruments including visa applications for international staff as and when required.
• Process applications for work permits and dependents pass for international staff.
• Process e-tickets for international travels and coordinate in country reservations for international staff.
• Working closely with supervisor, ensure that ALIGHT staff, consultants or such relevant visitors to Uganda are confirmed for accommodation, airport transfers, in-country travel schedules, meeting schedules, and such related.
• Make and confirm bookings for conferences, workshops and accommodations in Kampala and Entebbe for staff and process the necessary documentations (participant’s lists, PRF, Invoices and payment vouchers).
• Process payment for suppliers (hotels), local air travels, ticketing services and share proofs of payments with service providers.
• Monitor and track utility (water and electricity), CUG, phone bills and rent and ensure that the bills are paid in a timely manner.
• Work hand in hand with the HR department to process staff IDs in a timely manner.
• Plan, organize and provide support in the preparation of events, meetings, workshops and conferences within and outside ALIGHT.
• Supervise, evaluate and develop the performance of the Cleaner through providing constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring in line with the Human Resource Manual.
• Support in the coordination of interpretation services for IOM / including payments and Invoicing in collaboration with Head of Programs and Finance team.
• Support in the interpretation services for Sweden Embassy / including payments and Invoicing in collaboration with Head of Programs and Finance team.
• Ensure safe and cost effective staff accommodation as per policy to field staffs.
• Handling all necessary arrangements for Alight staff and other associates visiting Uganda with welcome services, travel arrangements and with needed work setting in the office other external premises.
• Manage office supplies, ensuring responsible utilization and accountability.
• Ensure International in-bound and out-bound travels are well coordinated and supported with vehicles, security briefs and travel logistics notes prior to departures.
• Plan, organize and provide support in the preparation of events, meetings, workshops and conferences within and outside Alight.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree plus relevant certifications in front / office administration or management
• At least three years (3) proven full time work experience as a receptionist, front office representative or similar role, in a large and busy agency/office.
• Proficiency in microsoft office suite required.
• Hands-On experience in handling and using office equipment (e.g. landline, fax machine, scanner and printers)
• Professional attitude and appearance, and ability to multitask
• Ability to adapt and handle emergency situations in a timely, calm and effective manner
• A pleasant personality, with customer service orientation and attitude
• Solid written and verbal communication skills required.
• Front desk management
• Customer care
• Records keeping skills
• Excellent communication skills including excellent writing skills
• Proficiency in major software programs such as Word, Outlook and Excel
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
• High level of integrity, accountability and personal ethic
• Good interpersonal skills; ability and inclination to work in/with teams
• High level of self-drive, discipline and desire to achieve
• A go getter requiring minimal supervision to work towards results. Honest