UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women Uganda in its Strategic Note 2016-2020 and revised in 2019 in line UNDAF, NDP II and Uganda vision 2040 in supporting national priorities on Gender Equality and Womens’ empowerment among other normative frameworks, as well as the follow-up and implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides coherent support to Government, Parliament, Academia, indigenous and women´s organizations, justice system and UN entities, through providing upstream policy and programme advise, promoting a human rights-based approach to achieve sustainable development, improving national systems, sharing of good practices and lessons learned, strengthening normative and operational linkages, and promoting South-South cooperation. In this mandate, the role of UN Women Representative is key in ensuring that the above are achieved.
Reporting to Operations Manager, the Administrative Associate supports the Office Operations by performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach. S/he works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff team to ensure consistent service delivery and to resolve complex administration related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Provide general administration and operations support to the Uganda CO in compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, policies, and strategies
- Organize shipments, customs clearance arrangements, and prepare documents for UN Women shipments (received/sent);
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations, process requests for visas and Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), identity cards and other documents;
- Provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Provide administrative support to maintenance of premises and common services, as needed;
- Maintain filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, as necessary.
Coordinate and organize assets management and procurement processes
- Monitor and maintain office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordinate assets management in the office, prepare and submit periodic inventory reports, coordinate physical verification of inventory items;
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for the office and monitor their implementation;
- Generate procurement related reports; research and draft responses to enquiries;
- Review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies and services;
- Organize procurement activities and processes, including preparation and conduct of Request for Quotations, Invitations to Bid or Requests for Proposals, the opening and evaluation of tenders;
- Coordinate contract negotiations, prepare request for award of contract for the review and approval of relevant authorities, as required;
- Prepare Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside Atlas, create vendor profiles in Atlas;
- Review procurement processes conducted by projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee.
Provide administrative support to travel arrangements and office transportation
- Collect and process information and documentation for Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA), travel agencies and other administrative surveys;
- Arrange travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors;
- Oversee the drivers; manage their schedules;
- Track and log the use of fuel
Provide administrative support to the organizing of the Regional Office’s meetings and panels
- Prepare presentation materials;
- Arrange the logistics of the RO’s meetings, including booking conference rooms, arranging catering, and facilitating building access for meeting participants;
- Finalize memoranda, list of participants; and send letters of invitation and other documents;
- Attend meetings, prepare minutes, and monitor follow up activities.
Provide administrative support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support in the organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on administrative related matters;
Compile lessons learnt and best practices in administration, procurement, and human resources.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Strong knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Strong IT and web-based management skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields is an asset.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in administration, procurement, HR, or logistic support service is a must;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com