|Date Posted||November 16, 2021|
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to follow through on assigned tasks.
• Ability to recognize and address potentional gaps and challenges before they become problematic.
• Strong desire to see efforts through a process of change to successful completion.
• The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal communication skills.
• This person will be positive and self motivated.
• The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously are important in this role.
• This position is based 100% full time in Mbarara, Uganda
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full medical and dental insurance benefits are included. The AA reports to the Chief Finance Office.
Administrative Assistant Corporate Responsibility Scorecard
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining and organized and efficient office, coordinating all partner efforts within a positive, healthy environment, filling duties as requested by all team members.
INDICATOR AND MAJOR PLANNED ACTIVITIES
Clean office at all times
• On a monthly basis, supervise the office cleaner, check the office premises to ensure that the work done by the cleaner is of good quality. On a monthly basis, turn in to the Accountant a filled certificate of completion for work done by the cleaner as a basis for payment of cleaner’s monthly stipend.
Ensuring support to HealthPartners Uganda team
• Provide cross-cutting support to the team including preparing meeting minutes, handouts for events Ex: meetings, training and sensitization.
Manage the office equipment and ensure that they kept in good working condition
• Manage the office equipment such as the photocopying machine, generator, printers, cameras, etc. remain in good working condition without requiring high costs and ensure that they are used for official purposes by the staff
Manage reception to receive and log guests and receive and log incoming and outgoing calls including transfers and follow up.
• Receive, welcome and log guests always prioriitizing face to face encounters above phone calls. Also receive and log incoming and outgoing calls to HealthPartners Uganda (HPU) and ensure that all calls are clearly recorded in the phone register and follow up per call is noted down and forwarded to responsible staff for action.
Number of notices posted as tracked by Administrative Assistant monthly report.
• Communicate events through email, posting notices in community and health centers, and delivering messages to respective stakeholders. Maintain the office notice board in an organized manner at all times. Ensure that priority messages are easy to read and remove outdated materials.
Review of resource centre shows that materials are organized, easy to find, current, and old materials are disposed before they expire.
• Organize and maintain office library with current project reports (proposals, work plans, monitoring plans, Semi-annual and annual reports) and other resources so that all staff and stakeholders may access information in a timely and organized manner. Update the resource centre with the required materials and ensure that an updated soft copy of reference materials is availed to users to facilitate retrieval of documents. Make sure it is easy for staff to find what they need and remove old materials before they expire.
Logistics and supplies available in orderly and timely manner
• Work closely with the Accountant to strengthen procurement systems to ensure value for money. Ensure that requested items are procured timely. Ensure sufficient office supplies without overstocking items like reams of paper that can be damaged over time.
• Additionally Administrative Assistant should ensure receipt of newspapers to HPU offices
Assets and stock balances submitted with monthly reports
• Maintain an organized stock supply room and inventory of commodity storage and track distribution and maintain a system of receiving and issuing of products/items in the stores.
• Clean up stock supply tracking tool to distribute and remove items that can no longer be used and to ensure every tab on the excel tool, correctly links to current data. If there are no materials, remove the tab. Submit updated stores tool and office inventory to the Accountant every month.
Timely communication of monthly travel and activity schedules
• Develop travel schedules and activity schedules and circulate them to all staff. Post copies of current travel and activity schedules on office notice board by the 13th of every month to facilitate coordination of planned activities.
Manage generator fuel fund and ensure all office utilities are paid up fully
• Ensure timely requisition, disbursement and accountability of generator fuel, office utilities for Mbarara office and any other utilities like for volunteers and international staff are clearly catered for
Stakeholders register created and updated weekly with new contact information
• Create a register for all partners and stakeholders indicating their contacts Ex. Emails, office and mobile telephone numbers, fax, Skype addresses. Update the register weekly adding new contact information and replacing or removing old information.
Provide support as needed.
• Assist all staff as needed with preparing tools for monitoring and evaluation activities, activity implementation, report writing and other tasks as required by the projects.
Lead the quarterly servicing process of office equipments especially computers and printers
• Train new stakeholders to use computers and printers where necessary. Liaise with service providers to communicate staff needs/ complaints in as far as the state of their computers and printers
To apply, please submit your resume and 3 references by email to:
with copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org.