|Date Posted||November 30, 2021|
The African Network for the Care of Children Affected by HIV/AIDS (ANECCA) is a network of clinicians and social scientists with a mission to improve the quality of health care services for women, children, adolescents, young adults, and their families in Africa. ANECCA is a registered NGO in Uganda with strong collaboration with the Ministry of Health, District Local Government, and other related institutions.
ANECCA is implementing the USAID Local Partner Health Services – Karamoja Activity, purposely to Support the public health sector to increase the availability, accessibility and utilization of quality integrated HIV and TB services in the Karamoja-region in Eastern Uganda. We are thus seeking applications for qualified individuals for the position of Health Informatics Officer to be based at the Moroto office.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the reception area and the entire office is kept neat and tidy
• Set up and maintain a filling system for all departments.
• Tracking communication within the office.
• Participate in scheduling and setting up meetings and workshops
• Draw up lists and budgets of office supplies requirements and ensure they are replenished on time
• Manage program equipment and ensure that they are safely kept in sound working condition at all times – thus being in charge of office repairs, liaison with landlord, etc.
• Manage the staff attendance system, by uploading new users, removal of exiting staff
• Maintain up to date administrative information e.g. staff database
• Support the Country Director in recruitment by updating job descriptions, drafting and placement of adverts, receiving applications, short listing, inviting candidates and preparing for the interviews.
• Pro-actively follow up with the ANECCA staff, to ensure timely submission and retirement of accountability reports and ensure that subordinate staff adheres to the ANECCA financial regulations.
• Ensure that each new member has an updated personal file, issued with ID and Medical cards, included on the Insurance list and has provided details for salary processing
• Maintain an updated staff list and ensure that personal files are updated, kept under key and lock and retrieved whenever needed
• Generate HR communications for the Country Directors signature like resignation acceptance letters, confirmation etc.
• Ensure that all staff complete the appraisal process
• The Admin Assistant will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported health units and program activities.
• Oversee procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms.
• Spearhead the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management.
• Management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods.
• Prepare workshops, Training and book accommodation for staff.
• Initiate payments in Beyonic for review and approval
• Participate in the procurement of goods and services adhering to set guidelines and policies ensuring efficiency, quality and transparency as well as maintaining an updated list of prequalified firms.
• Generate LPO’s for all office procurements
• Receive and review invoices for completeness before submitting for payment
• Source for quotations for office procurements as required
• Generate procurement requests for stationary and other office supplies
• Ensure that each new member or staff has a personal file and necessary documents and processes of recruitment are followed
• Being custodian of office petty cash. Ensure timely reconciliation of the account for prompt replenishment for efficient running of the office.
• Reviewing cash receipts for accuracy and timely banking
• Any other activities assigned by your supervisor
Front Desk Management
• Receive incoming and outgoing telephone calls as and when required.
• Receive and attend to visitors whilst they await appointments.
Qualification and Experience
• A Bachelors degree in business or related discipline
• Atleast 3 years’ experience in Procurement of large entities preferably USG funded programs
• Experience in Office Administration is required
• Experience in Finance is an added advantage
All interested persons are requested to apply by sending detailed applications with most recent resumes and references to Esther Namwase email: