|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations.
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has selected EDC to implement the USAID Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity. A 5-year activity with a goal for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
1. Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
2. Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
3. Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
Working in partnership with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), district and zonal officials, and other Ugandan goverment and civil society partners, ICYD will comprise a series of activities to support improved basic education for Ugandan children, address school-related and gender-based violence; facilitate enhanced child protection and support for vulnerable youth; provide support to HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers/families and support HIV care and treatment outcomes in close collaboration with clinical and community structures. ICYD will also contribute to improved systems within the MoES and MGLSD to promote Early Grade Reading (EGR) and child protection.
EDC is currently hiring the following positions for the USAID ICYD Activity: .
Mbarara, Wakiso/Kampala) The Administrative Assistant will support general administrative and clerical support including preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments. The successful candidate will be required to work with cross-functional teams within the organization across the country. This is a full-time position based at the respective ICYD zonal offices in Uganda.
Selected Required Skills
• Minimum of a Secondary School Certificate. Certificate Diploma in HRM, LGM or BA or other diploma or degree in a related field will be preferred
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position,
• Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred
• Computer literacy is required:
• Flexibility in working hours and ability to work under pressure.