|Date Posted||October 1, 2022|
Administrative assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Administrative assistants are responsible for confidential and timely sensitive material. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Successful candidates must have 5 or more years of relevant experience. The working environment is multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Clients and Contractors. Strong communication skills, fluent spoken and written English.
McDermott (MDR) is a leading engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) company focused on executing complex onshore and offshore oil and gas projects on a worldwide scale with 14,000 employees operating in more than 20 countries. This position will be based at site, Bulisa area, Uganda, although the candidates can be assigned to the headquarter office in Kampala, for few weeks or months.. Our team has a strong mentoring and team-based culture.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Handling office tasks, such as generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and shared resources like conference rooms, projector to prevent conflicts.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate managers and or employees.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations, and conduct research.
- Provide general support to visitors and or clients.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients.
- Liaise with executives and senior managers to handle requests and queries.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient office operations.
- Maintenance of inventories and records.
- Manage support staff and ensures cleanness of office and wash rooms at all times.
- Anticipate the needs of managers in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, HR and or other related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of directly related experience in administration assistance in a busy office / environment.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of all office administration and required support and operations for efficiency
- Proven admin or assistant experience.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Company Overview and Core Values:
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions