|Date Posted||December 4, 2021|
The Government of the Republic of Uganda received a loan from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the (OPEC) Fund for International Development to finance the National Oilseeds Project (NOSP), and now intends to apply part of the proceeds to recruit key staff, to ensure successful implementation of the Project.
Objectives: The overall Project Goal is, inclusive Rural Transformation through Sustainable Development of the Oilseed Sector. The Programme Development objective is to Accelerate Commercialisation as key Oilseeds Value Chains and thereby improve the Livelihoods and Resilience of the Small Holders engaged in Oilseed Production and Marketing. The Ministry of Local Government is, now inviting suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant posts that exist at the Project Implementation Coordination Team Unit (PICT).
Accounts Assistant: (1 Post)
Duty Station- Kampala
The Accounts Assistant reports to the Project Accountant in the PICT and is responsible for ensuring that a proper Accounting and Filling System is operated for the Component.
He/she will follow up accountabilities from districts, staff and other implementers as well as data entry and reconciliations. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Preparation of source documents e.g. payment vouchers, journal vouchers
• Chronological filing of documents with adequate cross reference to ensure ease of retrieval
• Follow up of accountabilities, maintaining a detailed log of outstanding accountabilities
• Data entry into the accounting system
• Preparation of reconciliations for review by the Financial Controller
• Facilitate both internal and external auditors to audit the projects’ financial transactions and reports to meet the required submission dates by IFAD
• Support the Project Accountant in preparation of reports to enable the Withdrawal of funds from IFAD/OFID and Gou.
• Proactive support to the district designated project support accountants;
• Maintain key registers such as fixed assets, inputs into the contracts register, and contract monitoring forms
• Support the financial controller in the preparation of informative management accounts in the form of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports regarding aspects of project financial monitoring bringing out variances and advising implementers as to the limits of expenditure
• Carry out any other activities that are assigned by the Financial Controller.
Qualification and Experience:
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s Honors Degree in Accounting; and at least Part 11 of CPA-U or its equivalent. Other skills and experience should include:
• At least two years of relevant work experience
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
• Computer literate including accounting packages and well versed in the use of Excel, word and basic database set-ups.
Contract: Two years’ Contract, with six months’ probation period, renewable based on agreed performance targets and deliverables
Hand written Application, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials, names and address of Three Referees should be submitted to the
Ministry of Local Government,
Worker's House 5th Floor,
P:0. Box 7037, Kampala.
Only shortlisted candidate shall be contacted