|Date Posted||August 11, 2020|
Primarily responsible for bookkeeping, payables and receivables and reconciliations.
- Accurate bookkeeping in QuickBooks.
- Invoice and follow up on payments from clients.
- Prepare timely payments for suppliers.
- Receive accountability for petty cash use.
- Remit timely salary payments as per schedule provided by Office Administrator.
- Prepare cash collection and banking reports.
- Conduct reconciliations for petty cash, receivables, creditors, and bank and supplier statements.
- Filing of monthly returns (PAYE, NSSF, VAT, WHT) and annual income tax and Directors returns.
- File and maintain accounting documents.
- Maintain an up to date fixed asset register.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of accounts for audit.
- Participate in stock taking.
- Keep track of Amazone and other costs in excel tracking.
- Any other duty that can be assigned by the immediate supervisor in relation to the above tasks.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A second upper Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Studies, Business Management and other Accounting Related Courses from a recognised University with at least CPA level 11.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role working with a reputable organisation.
- Knowledge in processing accounts payable/receivable, sub-ledger and general ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Knowledge of computer accounting software systems; (knowledge of Quick Books is an added advantage).
- Essential Microsoft Excel skills is an added advantage.
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are encouraged to apply by uploading an application/cover letter in Pdf/Microsoft Word format not exceeding 2MBs stating the exact position they are applying for, current and expected salary, daytime contacts, detailed Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees